Proposed law in Mississippi: no restaurant service for obese diners
beebs
2008-02-11 20:33:13 UTC
Lawmakers in Mississippi have proposed legislation that forbids
restaurants and food establishments from serving food to anyone who is
obese (as defined by the State).
http://junkfoodscience.blogspot.com/2008/01/no-fat-people-allowed-onl...
I can see it now: State-Controlled junk food stores. Fat people
will be hanging out in the parking lots shoulder-tapping for Ben
and Jerry's. [Pssstt - hey...buddy!]
Obviously this Mayhall character is not running for re-election.
I'm a person of poundage. To think that the state is intervening
in our most personal of decisions "what to eat" sickens me.

Pretty soon they'll be saying blacks can't marry whites. Oh wait,
they did that.

I believe I'll go have a jumbo jack while I still can. Hey, Jerry,
can you please delete this post if you think it "off-topic" to AFFF.

beebs
beebs
2008-02-11 21:07:45 UTC
http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/2008/pdf/history/HB/HB0282.xml

Fatties can't eat.
R. Steve Walz
2008-02-12 03:24:41 UTC
Post by beebs
http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/2008/pdf/history/HB/HB0282.xml
Fatties can't eat.
--------------
Won't fly, Orville. They can propose anything, but denial of custom
to a specific identified group is illegal in the USA. Comes under
reciprocal guarantees of interstate commerce and equal protection.

Any court that looked at it would invalidate it in a minute.
Steve
dank
2008-02-12 17:25:14 UTC
beebs wrote...
Post by beebs
http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/2008/pdf/history/HB/HB0282.xml
Fatties can't eat.
I'm surprised to see this idea in the USA, it just seems like something
the British would do. The UK has already begun locking up fat people
in mental institutions on the grounds of harm to one's health and also
to save the NHS money on obesity-related illnesses. Taxes on fat and
sugar are also in the works to price unhealthy junk food out of the
reach of commoners, so it seems natural to combine that idea with a
law making it illegal to feed obese people anything other than gov't-
approved human nutrition pellets.
j***@naturalhealthperspective.com
So, what is your problem?
t***@spamgourmet.com
2008-03-09 12:44:28 UTC
x-no-archive: Yes

these fat people are lucky that a cannibalism taboo exists; otherwise,
they would be adorning the BBQs of many a hungry neighbor.

Mr. Natural-Health
2008-02-12 14:38:27 UTC
Lawmakers in Mississippi have proposed legislation that forbids
restaurants and food establishments from serving food to anyone who is
obese (as defined by the State).
http://junkfoodscience.blogspot.com/2008/01/no-fat-people-allowed-onl...
I have a better idea. Give the Fatso's ONLY a salad without dressing,
and charge them a whopper of a price.
Ray Gordon, creator of the "pivot"
beebs
TFM®
2008-02-13 01:11:54 UTC
Post by Ray Gordon, creator of the "pivot"
What's next, no sales of luxury items to the rich?
No sales of computers to full-quoting, top-posting bozos! You're next
BIATCH!

TFM® - Did I forget to mention crossposting?